The Intersection of Gender, Trauma and Addiction: Lifespan Perspectives
The Scientific Committee invites you to attend and to contribute by submitting proposals for pre-conference workshops (3 hours), educational updates (45 minutes), oral presentations (20 minutes) and poster sessions along (but not limited to) these themes:
- Substance use disorders including their epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and pathophysiology
- Epidemiological and aetiological links between gender, trauma, and substance abuse
- Gender differences in substance use disorders across the lifespan
- Gender-responsive treatments for chemical and behavioural addictions
- Neurobiological insights into addictions in men and women
- Cognitive neuroscience of addictions
- New treatments for alcohol use disorders and comorbidities, including eHealth interventions
- Trauma-informed and trauma-specific management approaches
- Substance use in pregnancy and the peripartum
Guidelines for Submission
- Abstracts must be submitted on the The Intersection of Gender, Trauma and Addiction: Lifespan Perspectives Abstract form via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants of the Conference. Completed registration must be received by Velocity Vision by 15 June 2018 in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must comprise original research.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must have a word count of no more than 250 words.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstract s received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is registered to ensure that aII co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Organising Committee.
- The scientific committee will be responsible for selecting t he delivery method (oral or poster) of the presentations.
Rules for SubmissionThe presenting author must be registered to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. By submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter confirms the following:
I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
Sub mission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Meeting website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the Organising Committee of the conference. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third part y rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
ABSTRACT PREPARATIONUtilise the Abstract outline to submit your abstract. Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
• Email address • Mobile number
- Presenting author’s contact details:
• Email address
• Mobile number
- Author and co-authors’ details
• Full first and family name(s).
• Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
• Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: do not include graphs/tables/images in the abstract)
- We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
• Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
DISCLOSUREDisclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATIONAll abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstract acceptance.
Deadline for submission of abstracts – 15 June 2018
For further information or assistance please contact Janice Candlish via email email@example.com